Wednesday, June 17, 2009

to all you asshole "cyclists" out there

Yes, this will be a bit of a raging blog entry. I have witnessed a few "cyclists" in the past two days who have irked me enough to blog about it. This is not about cyclists who wear helmets, have lights, use their bell, ride on the street, and obey traffic laws. This is about the assholes that fancy themselves as cyclists, but are just really dicks on bikes.

1) Ride your bike on the street - NOT THE SIDEWALK.
The sidewalk is for pedestrians who are WALKING, hence the name. The only people who should be riding on the sidewalk are children. Just because you have a bike with wheels that are under 61cm, it doesn't mean you can ride on the sidewalk . If you're too chicken shit to ride your bike on the road, then DON'T RIDE A BIKE. Don't ring your little bell to get pedestrians to move out of your way.

2) Don't ride like a psychopath
I was riding in the passenger seat of my friend's car along Dundas Street last night and some fucker was riding recklessly. This fucking eejit was zooming between cars stopped at a red light. I nearly opened my door into him when he flew by my side of the car and I could have killed him. Maybe not killed him, but it would have probably been the most painful lesson he had ever learned. As I am fuming, I wish I had actually opened the door, but I'm glad I didn't. Someone else can open a door into him. What a fucking twat.

3) Obey traffic signs and laws
I was walking on Queen Street and a person on a bike ran a red light and nearly caused a collision between a streetcar and a car. Do these people not understand that pedalling through a red light can result in serious bodily harm to themselves and others? Don't glare at drivers who start driving when their light goes green when you evidently did not have right of way.

I own a bike, I have lights and a bell, I wear a helmet (I have no intentions of going brain dead from falling off my bike) and I stop at stop signs and red lights. I try and defend cyclists when I'm talking to drivers, but the stupid assholes on bikes makes it really hard. Toronto needs to start issuing tickets for these jerks.

Okay, I think I'm done now. ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: