Monday, November 05, 2007

stress & security

these two things don't really go together for me unless you're talking about my financial status. money in the bank? yes. money tucked away in a pretty little box? yes. CONSUMER DEBT? yes. bah. my glimmer of hope? a busy holiday season kicking up starting in probably a week or two. i make it sound so much worse than it really is. all i want is to be debt free come the end of the year. it shouldn't be all that hard if what people at work say about the holiday tips is true. i've decided that the money tucked away in the pretty box will be spent in nyc. the original plan was to spend it on a brand-spanking-new laptop but i may buy one in nyc so it'll all still work out.

now the real reason why i'm stressed:___________?? i don't really know. i have a bad habit of hunching up my shoulders for some reason and it makes them really tense when i do relax them. it's probably because i haven't gone for a massage in so long. maybe i'll go to sugar moon and get a massage, my brows done, and a facial. i've never had a facial but the last time i was at sugar moon, paola recommended one for me. hopefully that will alleviate some of my unexplainable stress.

as for the security, i feel very safe but i am wondering why my neighbours to the north have a security camera outside of their front door. when i lived at my mom's, there was a house a few blocks over with burglar bars on the living room bay window and two cameras pointed at their front door. i would walk by on the way home and sometimes on recycling day, their blue bin was full of empty captain morgan's rum mickies and two litre bottles of coke. i always thought it was weird but didn't really thing anything of it until the papers reported that it was head quarters for a prostitution ring rang by the couple that lived there. strange things happen in quiet neighbourhoods. i really hope my neighbours aren't running a prostitution ring.

No comments: