Monday, June 09, 2008

back on the (fitness) wagon

I go through phases of being super healthy and then, well, simply put, not healthy. I started to put stickers on my calendar for every day that I went to the gym or did something very active. April and half of May have at least three to four stickers per week but the second half of May and thus far in June, until today, have zero stickers.

I finally went back to Fitness One today and took my time going through and trying all of the machines. I have a personal training session booked for Friday so hopefully that will be me more familiar with the equipment so I won't have to walk around reading all of the labels on them to see if I actually want to use them or not. While most of the machines are fine, all the leg extension machines are not very comfortable for me. The seats/pads do adjust but I find that they're just not really where they should be on my body and I don't want to cheat and end up hurting myself.

I am looking forward to getting back to the gym more. I think I fell off because I stepped on the scale one day and recalculated my BMI and it was at 23.5, which is healthy. I don't really care to lose anymore weight as I know I probably won't because muscle weighs more than fat. I would like to be stronger. Maybe I'll try out some boxing classes. Who knows? Maybe I'll just fall off the wagon again. I hope not but I've come to accept that it takes me many tries to get things done.

No comments: