Friday, June 27, 2008

not sure what to do

I'm sitting at the computer with my red apron on and i'm waiting for chocolate to harden and frosting to stiffen which leaves me with some time to ponder.

I keep stressing myself out by thinking about what to do with my future. Such a dreaded word. I thought I had it all planned out to go to class for Special Events and Destination Tourism in either January or September of 2009. Now I've thrown Fitness and Lifestyle Management into the mix and I'm really not sure what to do. I love the special events part of the hospitality industry but I think I'm getting tired of it all. Maybe it's because I'm serving again and I feel like all my skills are being wasted and, in affect, disappearing from me. I know I'll keep working as a server because there really isn't another job out there, that I'm willing to do, that will provide the same amount of cash while I'm in classes.

I think my problem is that when I get inspired by something, I go into my fantasy world and say to myself, "THAT is what I'm going to do with my life!" Seeing Janet's improv shows, wine tastings, vacationing and picking up bits and pieces of foreign languages. All of a sudden I want to be a wine guru that speaks Spanish and occasionally dabbles in improv. Not to say that I can't do all of those things but what I guess I'm getting at is that I need to focus on something and stick to it.

Now that all that's off my chest, time to get back to cupcakes.

No comments: