Wednesday, August 13, 2008

under pressure

So school starts for real on Tuesday, September 2nd. I say "for real" because this time I'm really going as a full-time student rather than just part-time classes here and there. I'm excited to get back to class and finally earn my post secondary diploma (maybe a degree) because it's long overdue. I got sucked into working right after high school and while I had fun and learned a lot working in restaurants, I really should have gone back to school a lot sooner than now. Regardless, I'm happy to be going now. Although it would have been nice for classes to start the second week of September instead of right after Labour Day.

So here comes the pressure. I don't know how intense my course load will be but I want to keep full-time hours at work. I probably won't be spending as much money as I do right now because I won't have as much free time to to spend it but I'm a little concerned if that will be enough to offset my income if I do have to cut back on hours at work.

Time isn't on my side either. I feel like I have so much stuff to get done before school starts. I really want to get my furniture rearranged and I need a new dresser and maybe a new book shelf and my room desperately needs a good cleaning. All of this wouldn't be a problem if I was such a procrastinator and just tidied my room every now and then instead of letting become a total disaster area. I'm on vacation for the last two weeks of August so I essentially want to get everything done this week.

Now onto another type of pressure: my wisdom teeth. My lower right tooth is starting to grow out more and because it's impacted, it is pushing on the rest of my teeth. It now hurts to yawn and there is discomfort when I bite down. I was due for a routine cleaning about a month ago so it's just another thing I'm putting off. Hopefully I can get an appointment before the end of the week and get my name on the surgery list to get my wisdom teeth taken care of. My cousin recently got two removed but I have to get ALL FOUR yanked. Not looking forward to it.

I did get my eyes checked last week so at least there's one thing I can scratch off of my long overdue to-do list. Now on with the rest of it. *sigh*

No comments: