Friday, August 22, 2008

the countdown

I haven't really started a countdown yet but I suppose I should. I'm sitting on the porch of the log cabin at Duff's and I'm rather relaxed and don't really want to think about what the fall will bring.

I didn't get around to rearranging my bedroom and I'm not beating myself up over it. That can wait. Really, it's been waiting for over a year so what's another few weeks? I need to do some back-to-school shopping because I no longer have a massive supply of three-ringed lined paper in my closet (my parents were nuts when it came to stock piling things that were on sale) and I also need (translate: want) new clothes for the fall. My summer wardrobe consists of twenty some odd sun dresses and those won't do in George Brown because the air conditioning in there is cranked to the max. Not very green of them.

I do look forward to being busy and having a happy roommate. She has clinched a new job at Chatelaine and I'm sure she'll be much happier there and do very well. Maybe we'll go back-to-school/new-job shopping together as I'm sure she'll want to get some more clothing too. I have tons of office clothing left over from my last job but nothing that I really want to go to classes in. Banana Republic power suits are a little too much for college English. But I really don't want to be a student that shows up every day in Lululemon pants. C'mon ladies, yes, those are expensive pants but you can and should try to look a little more professional than that. It is just class but there are a lot of people in that building that can help you build your career.

My boyfriend is moving a tool shed. The plan was to do nothing but lay around on the dock and go for the occasional swim but he got roped into doing some rather hard looking physical labour. He how has a sledge hammer in his hands. I'm not really sure why they're moving a tool shed with just two people. Would it not be easier to get some machinery in here to haul it up the slight hill it's on? I've worked my way up to painting one of the cottages, prepping dinners, and doing the dishses. There will be no heavy lifting/pulling/pushing on my part. In fact, I think it's time for me to attempted another crossword puzzle.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Dude! I created a new blog. I will add you to my blogroll once I figure out how to do that. :)