Thursday, March 05, 2009

vision

I can't see very well without corrective lenses. It isn't really all that big of an issue except that I am not a person who leaves her glasses in the same spot every day. For instance, I usually leave my glasses beside my pillow on my bed or on the floor before bed because I will generally read at least a couple of pages before sleeping. However, I am sometimes to tired to read and just toss my glasses haphazardly onto the floor before crashing into a deep sleep. When I awake, I have no idea where on the floor my glasses are. I then have to fumbled around and feel the items around my bed until I find my specs. My vision isn't horrible, just minus 3.75 in both eyes with slight astigmatism in my left eye. Things get blurry from three feet and further but I'm by no means incapable of functioning without my glasses.

Anyway, going back to how I don't keep my glasses in the same spot. Sometimes I leave my glasses in the bathroom and don't put them on when I take my contacts out before bed. When I do this, I wake up not remembering that I left them in the bathroom the morning before. I then fumbled around the floor a bit and after I conclude that my glasses are not on the floor, I lie back down and think, "Shit. Fuck. Where the HELL are my glasses?!?!" Then I get up and look for for them in the usual places. Usually I find them within three minutes of leaving my bed. Usually. I once spent a week without them. Not really a big deal as I also wear contacts, but it makes reading in bed difficult.

Weirdest place I've ever found my glasses: in a sock in washer. I suppose I put them in a sock one day because I forgot the case for them and put them in the sock to keep them from getting scratched and just didn't need to go looking for them later.

I am seriously contemplating corrective laser surgery.

No comments: