Tuesday, December 14, 2004

baby, it's cold outside

that's my favourite christmas song. it's the only one that doesn't piss me off and make me hate christmas. 'santa baby' really annoys me because it always sounds like a dumb skanky bimbo is singing it. i heard some carolers outside at pape logan tonight. i remember doing that when i was in choir.

---

i got everything that i need to make my fudge. i've given up on finding raspberry extract because apparently, it doesn't exist. well, i know that it exists, i just don't know where the hell to find it. i went to sun valley and to the big carrot and neither of them had it. they had all the other flavours though; alas, all useless to me...*sigh*. i googled some more recipes and it turns out that i can just use raspberry flavoured liquor instead. hurrah! my mood was lifted when i learned that.

i also bought all the packaging that i need. so far, this year's christmas giving has cost me roughly $30 for nearly 10 people which is GRRRREAT (tony the tiger great)!!!! three bucks per person, not bad. not bad at all. now i need to buy some cards. i can't decide if i want to get cards made for school children to pass out in class or if i want proper adult cards. it would be cheaper to get the little kiddie ones. maybe i can find some transformers cards! that would be kick ass.

---
i gotta clean my room tonight. my parents are coming back from florida tomorrow and i have yet to move all of my stuff from the basement. i'm such a procrastinator. i should have done it months ago but of course, i enjoy tormenting myself by leaving things until the very last minute. argh! when will i learn? when??

i also have a least two loads of laundry to do. i've run out of clothes to wear. it's not too bad since i have to work a lot this week so i'll mostly be in my uniform. i'll probably wear sweat pants the rest of the time because i'll be so tired. i love sweat pants!!! and pumas...love pumas...must buy more.

---

i am now obsessed with winter coats. i want more and more of them. i want to buy a white one from aritzia. a longer one that covers my butt that also has a hood. jen's going to wonder what the hell is wrong with me. she's already questioned me about the number of coats i have. oh well, she's got a gazillion shoes so she's not one to talk.

i bought two spatulas from williams-sonoma today. the line ups in the mall are hell. avoid them until january if you can. shop online. save precious minutes of your life being wasted from standing in line.

---

okay, time to stop procrastinating and doing chores.

No comments: