Sunday, October 19, 2008

a week to recover

It's intermission week at George Brown and in theory, I now have a week to recover from week 6 as it was rammed with mid-terms. Unfortunately for me, I have a heavier schedule than usual at work because a few people booked off some time. I wanted to use this week to meet up with people I haven't seen in a while and a cousin from out of province is visiting so I thought this week would have been perfect, but alas, no dice. I'm just going to try an cram all that stuff in anyway.

Things to do this week:
  1. Replace all the burnt out light bulbs in the apartment.
  2. Rearrange bedroom furniture
  3. Meet up with Brent for some long over due drinks
  4. Dinner with my lovely cousins
  5. Get back into a gym routine
  6. Clean the fridge
  7. Buy materials for DIY Christmas presents
  8. Set up computer desk for actually work rather than just miscellaneous storage
  9. Pack away summer clothing for the winter
  10. Buy a paper shredder and finally get rid of all the banking statements/credit card applications/school documents that are nothing but garbage.

Not all of those things are dire but I would feel great if I got everything accomplished on the above list. In order to get back onto a regular blogging routine, I will update on the progress on this list everyday for the next week. But I wouldn't put money on it.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Re: the paper shredder...it's best to keep paperwork from the past 7 years if you think you are going to make any big purchases, like a home. I learned that first-hand. :/ I had gone shredder-happy and destroyed many, but not all, financial stuff before looking to buy my house. It was a serious pain in the ass to get bank statements, etc., reprinted and sent to me.