Tuesday, October 28, 2008

almost, but not quite

So I did some of the things on my to-do list but not all and not all of them were done by the end of last week. I spent today moving furniture around in my bedroom, but I still have more work to do. My bed is wider than I thought. Here's an update on that list.

Replace all the burnt out light bulbs in the apartment.
I replaced all the lights in the living room and the bathroom last week only to discover that this week, two lights in the hallway have blown out. So now I have to go out an buy more bulbs and wait for someone tall to come over and coerce them to change the burnt out bulbs.

I'm actually happy that the hallway bulbs have blown because now I can replace them with energy efficient ones. I also need to get an appliance bulb for the fridge.

Rearrange bedroom furniture.
Almost there. I'm a little dismayed that my bed didn't fit where I want it to be. Now I have to move two more book shelves and a dresser. I am in desparate need of a new dresser. The one I have is actually part of a bedroom set that Irene and Eliza had when they were little girls. It was originally an orangy-yellow colour and I painted it black. The rails are now slivering, making opening and closing the drawers very difficult. MUST GET NEW DRESSER!! I may also need another bookshelf depending on how many more books I acquire. I love that I have almost an entire bookshelf for my food-related books =)

Meet up with Brent for some long over due drinks.
Done. Two pints of cider and some good laughing until my stomach hurt.

Dinner with my lovely cousins.
Sushi on Bloor. Delish. Too bad I didn't make it out for the weekend visit with baby Emmeline because I was sick all weekend.

Get back into a gym routine.
Maybe next week...

At least I play volleyball every Thursday.

Clean the fridge.
I cleaned out the fridge of food that was going bad but I didn't actually pull everything out and wipe down the shelving. I think I'll tackle that on Sunday.

Buy materials for DIY Christmas presents.

I already have some materials for my presents but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with my original plan. Must decide on that and get things sorted out before crazy final exams week hits.

Set up computer desk for actually work rather than just miscellaneous storage.
No dice. More crap has been piled onto it. I'll work on that at some point. It doesn't really help that I've grown accustomed to doing homework in the kitchen. It just makes more sense considering that my computer desk is in the living room and the T.V. is a big reason to procrastinate.

Pack away summer clothing for the winter.
Done. Summer dresses are inside a suitcase until the warm weather returns. I'm so sad that they're not hanging in my closet right now.

Buy a paper shredder and finally get rid of all the banking statements/credit card applications/school documents that are nothing but garbage.
I'm a little scared of the paper shredder. Handy but a bit frightening at the same time.

I'm going to say that I accomplished about 6/10 on that list. More than I thought I would get done. Tomorrow is a full day of school and then a full night of work. Time to sleep.

No comments: