Tuesday, October 21, 2008

sickies

I am currently experiencing my second bout of sniffles in the past three months or so. I was talking to Gareth about this yesterday and he said that my immune system will begin to weaken as I get older. Now, I've heard of one's metabolism slowing with age but I don't recall that one's immune system would weaken. I guess it makes sense considering that really old people are susceptible to illness but I am not even a quarter century old yet.

I don't get sick from my roommate or from my boyfriend or from other family members. Jen and Gareth's germs are more or less harmless to me as I'm around them all the time. I think I get sniffles because I have problems with staying at a comfortable temperature at night during the summer/fall change over. I wake up in the middle of the night chilly because I've thrown all the sheets off. I'm told that my body gets extremely warm when I'm asleep so that may be why. I don't feel it when I'm just lying in bed but I guess when I'm all under the covers and sleeping, even I can't stand that I've heated up to over 104 degrees.

Things I've accomplished so far this week:
  1. Met Brent for drinks (Yay!! We finally met for drinks after months of trying)
  2. I changed two out of four light bulbs. I need to buy an appliance bulb for the fridge and I'm going to change the one in the bathroom when I'm done this entry.
  3. I empty the fridge of things no longer edible.
  4. I went to Kitchen Stuff Plus and got a spice rack, a paper towel holder, and a honing stone. Kitchen Stuff Plus wasn't on my original list but I've been meaning to go for a long time and I was near one yesterday.

I will go to the Grand & Toy across the street from work and get a paper shredder. I've been warned by Irene not to go shredder happy but I only intend on shredding things I know I don't need. I've kept all my credit card and banking statements but I have a ton of other random pieces of mail with my account numbers and address on. Mostly offers for more credit cards and those lottery offers. I'm too paranoid to just chuck them in the recycling. If I had a fireplace, I would burn them but alas, not fireplace. Maybe I'll compost the untreated paper once I shred it.

No comments: