Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Day 5

Day 5 of my 30 days to curing a broken heart and Day 3 of the U.S. Open. The last two days have been good. Some tears welled up, but I forced myself to hold them in since crying would mean breaking rules from Day 3.

Day 4 involved buying a new journal and writing how about how I'm feeling for no less than 15 minutes, and then writing about how I'm feeling about him for no less than 15 minutes. I was surprised how easy it was to write continuously for over 15 minutes. My hand was cramping by the time I was done with writing about my feelings. I think that's part of the reason the book says to write for 15 minutes. By the time you're done writing about you, your hand is cramping, your brain is somewhat exhausted, and you really don't want to think about more feelings and write them down. In addition to writing about my feelings and my feelings about him, Day 5 has me "being my own best friend." Now when I write, I am to include all negative lines that I direct at myself and leave a space in between each line. I am then to go back to the first line once I'm done listing these negative thoughts and write a reply to them as if it were my best friend saying those things about herself.

For example:

Negative line:
I will never find anyone who will love me.

Response:
That is a lie. There is someone out there who will love you more than you can imagine. You just have to kiss a bunch of ugly frogs before you find him.

I need to decide when I will write daily for the next 25 days. I figure it's best to get into a routine and write at the same time daily, but with school and work starting up again, I don't know if that will be possible. First thing in the morning will not work because I have 8 a.m. classes. Before bed would work, in theory, but considering that I will sometimes have to work until 1 a.m. and then go to an 8 a.m. class, before bed will also be a no-go. I'll probably sneak in quiet journal time in between classes and shifts.

I am now watching the U.S. Open live and I am LOVING it. I don't have cable hooked up yet so the lovely T.V. that I bought off of Bradley is just sitting there. I will get around to it soon. My plan for today was to set up the live stream from usopen.org and unpack the rest of my boxes and clean up the main floor of my apartment. So far, I have set up the live stream...

No comments: