Thursday, September 17, 2009

some people should get hit by cars

I'm super lucky when it comes to work because I live on Richmond Street pretty much two blocks directly north of my place of employment. I can walk to work in under ten minutes and there have been times when I've gotten out of bed literally 15 minutes prior to my start time and have made it to work with time to spare.

I always walk on the west side of Brant Street because there is a crosswalk at Brant & King that makes crossing the street super easy compared to jay walking. I get to the crosswalk, push the button to make the lights flash, looks to make sure cars are stopping and then cross. I use this crosswalk at least once every shift that I work, twice if I'm heading to work from home.

Now what boggles my mind is the amount of people who do not know how to use a crosswalk. I am not even slightly exaggerating when I say that every time I approach this crosswalk, there is some idiot who doesn't know how to use the crosswalk and nearly causes a traffic accident. People will stand at the crosswalk without pushing the button and then look at traffic. Cars will slow down, but the person won't start crossing so the car starts moving and then the person will start crossing at the same time that the car started moving and then there is the start/stop motion that confuses the shit out of everyone on the road. Push the frickin' button and then cross the road. Bah!

****************************************
Day 19

I am a bit behind in my "assignments." I still need to make a happiness collage which is basically anything makes me smile and gives me joy. I also need to write a "Dear Asshole..." letter that I haven't gotten around to yet. I'm scared of the hand cramp I'm going to give myself writing that letter. I like how the authour specifically writes "NEVER show him the letter!!" Can you imagine getting a "Dear Asshole..." letter from your ex? No thanks.

****************************************
I know this post is really random and poorly written. To be honest, I'm blogging really because I feel that it's been too long since I last blogged. I will have a better post soon.

No comments: