Thursday, October 28, 2004

chinese canadian apple pie?

is my father superman? he can build and fix anything and make a er-hu (chinese fiddle) with a coconut shell, and he can also make apple pie. i kept laughing at him tonight when he was moving furniture up into my room. instead of taking the bed frame in two turns, he struggled with all of it at once. my mother's explanation: he's lazy. haha. regardless, it's very reassuring to have my father as my father. i don't know if that makes any sense to you but it makes sense to me.

melanie stayed over for the past two nights. apparently, my house is the new u of t study hall. we went to taro grill on queen west and it was yummy. we started with grilled calamari which i thoroughly enough and a steak sandwich. oi got the "yummy chicken sandwich" which she enjoyed but i didn't like it so much. and it was cheap too. an appetizer, two sandwiches, a sprite, and large bottle of san pellegrino only came up to $35 before tip. i recommend a table by the window so you can people watch and say judgmental things about them...not that i recommend being judgmental but hey, everyone is.

i called in sick today. didn't feel like going in when i knew that i should move more stuff around. i cannot tell you how much hair in on the carpet in my old bedroom. i'm not sure that vacuum can handle all of it. oh well, i'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: