Wednesday, February 27, 2008

and they all put me back together again

i spent fours days being sadder than i ever thought i could be. but more importantly, for four days a bunch of people let me cry, listened to me, offered advice, and helped me not be sad anymore. i cried a couple of times in the last two days but it was because i received notes and messages from people who really care about me. a poem from mimi, a hug from jen, a note from john, a squeeze of the shoulder from eamon/mike/holiday, multiple girl chat sessions with lauren. alex answered the phone and let me cry even though we hadn't spoken or seen each other in nearly a year. mutual friends that listened to both sides of the story and didn't take sides. just simple gestures that let me know that things get better and there are people there to lean on when needed.

the last few notes were therapeutic. putting what i felt on paper(screen) helped me cope with the overwhelming emotion. the sting is gone. things don't make me sad anymore. they just remind me of happy times and funny things and they make smile. how boring would it be in things were just things with no sentiment?

i still get a bit teary eyed thinking about the nice notes that i received but that's a good thing. the kitchen staff said "welcome back wanda" after i walked yesterday and just started yelling nonsense. apparently that's how you can tell i'm out of a funk - i become overly imposing and loud.

so thank you to all of my friends that took the time to check up on me. you have no idea how much it means to me. you are amazing and i love each and every one of you.

No comments: